Quick Facts About Jerry Hicks, Esq.
- Managing partner of Gant & Hicks, PLLC.
- 1991 graduate of University of Texas School of Law
- Holds a Masters Degree in International Economics from the University of Denver’s Graduate School of International Studies
- Received his undergraduate degree at Mercer University in 1978
- General commercial litigation
- Employment litigation
- Sports and entertainment law
Admitted to Practice
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court Northern of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District Texas
- United States District Court Western District Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
J.L. Turner Legal Society, Dallas, Texas
State Bar of Texas
About Jerry Hicks, Esq.
Jerry Hicks, Esq., is a managing partner of Gant & Hicks, PLLC. Mr. Hicks is a 1991 graduate of University of Texas School of Law and holds a Masters Degree in International Economics from the University of Denver’s Graduate School of International Studies. He received his undergraduate degree at Mercer University in 1978. Mr. Hicks’ experience includes general commercial litigation, employment litigation, and sports and entertainment law. Mr. Hicks has represented high profile executives in a variety of federal and state court litigation including those involving claims of violations of Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act, and the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act. Mr. Hicks’ employment law experience also includes drafting and negotiating employment agreements, executive compensation agreements, and executive severance agreements.
Mr. Hicks has also litigated complex business disputes involving allegations of unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and breach of contract. He counsels clients in employment and labor law and on matters of executive compensation, severance arrangements and disciplinary matters. Mr. Hicks also represents some of the nation’s best known sports and entertainment figures in a variety of matters including contract negotiations and marketing opportunities.