Quick Facts About Craig C. Gant, Esq.
- Managing partner of Gant & Hicks, PLLC.
- 1991 graduate of University of Texas School of Law
- 1985 graduate of The University of North Texas MBA Program
- 1981 graduate of The University of North Texas Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in finance
- General commercial litigation
- Real estate and financing transactions
- Estate planning, probate
- Corporate bankruptcy
- In-house counsel provide advice regarding employment issues and business matters
Admitted to Practice
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court Northern of Texas Court
- United States Bankruptcy Court Northern District Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court Western District Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Western District of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
J.L. Turner Legal Society, Dallas, Texas
Dallas Bar Association, Dallas, Texas
About Craig C. Gant, Esq.
Craig C. Gant, Esq., is a managing partner of Gant & Hicks, PLLC. Mr. Gant is a 1991 graduate of University of Texas School of Law, a 1985 graduate of The University of North Texas MBA Program and a 1981 graduate of The University of North Texas Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in finance. Mr. Gant’s experience includes general commercial litigation, real estate and financing transactions, estate planning, probate, corporate bankruptcy, and as in-house counsel he provides advice regarding employment issues and business matters.
Mr. Gant has worked as an embedded in-house counsel for a major defense corporation where he advised on a variety of litigation matters including employment discrimination; fair labor standards act issues, age discrimination and sexual harassment cases. Mr. Gant advises corporations’ human resources managers regarding various employment compliance issues. He also represents plaintiffs in similar actions. Mr. Gant recognizes that representing both plaintiffs and defendants better positions him to evaluate the merits of the cases he takes on and arrive at the right result.
Housing and Development
Mr. Gant represents clients in fair housing discrimination complaints, evictions and other landlord tenant disputes. Mr. Gant also works closing with in-house Business Development officers in devising strategies to execute complex housing developments acquisitions and financing.
Venture Capital Investment Analysis
Mr. Gant represents some of the nation’s best known sports figures in a variety of business investment ventures including due diligence analysis, contract drafting and negotiations. Additionally, Mr. Gant advises these talents in various marketing opportunities and management of charitable foundations.
Estate Planning and Probate
Mr. Gant’s advises high net worth clients on matters to ensure the efficient transfer and protection of wealth. Mr. Gant’s estate planning practice provides a variety of services including drafting wills, establishing creditor protected trusts, administering probate transactions and litigation. Mr. Gant is often appointed by the Court to an ad litem to represent the interest of unknown parties